The following promotion is intended for viewing by legal residents of the 50 United States. Void in Puerto Rico, Quebec Province, and where prohibited by law, unless otherwise noted. The promotion will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed if you are not a legal U.S. resident, 18 years or older, or reside outside of the 50 United States.
The Mountain Horse® Contest
COMPLETE OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. How to Enter: The Mountain Horse® Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 25th, 2017, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 20th, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). To Enter: Visit the Mountain Horse® Contest page on the Mountain Horse® website. Upload a photo of you with your horse and then explain why you love the Mountain Horse brand on the online entry form. Submit it in accordance with the on-screen directions during the Contest Period, and you will be entered. Limit of one (1) online entry per person. If an entrant uses multiple e-mail addresses to submit more than one online entry, only the first online entry will count. Online entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 20th, 2017. Mountain Horse® will not verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Mountain Horse® and will not be acknowledged or returned.
When you enter the Contest, you will be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails and reminders for upcoming Mountain Horse® promotions and information about Mountain Horse®. You may opt out of these promotional emails at any time. Receipt of such e-mails will not improve your chances of winning.
2. Eligibility: To enter the Contest you must be a lawful permanent resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and be 18 years of age or older. Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law. The Contest, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States. Employees of English Riding Supply and their immediate families and members of their households, are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
3. Drawing and Notification: The Winner will be selected by English Riding Supply based on the entry with the most votes and decision from our panel of judges and will be contacted via email. The winner will be the entrant that has the greatest number of votes during the contest period. If Mountain Horse® is unable to contact a potential prize winner within ten (10) days of the initial attempt to contact, if a potential prize winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date or if a potential prize winner fails to comply with any of Mountain Horse® requirements or decisions, his/her prize will be forfeited, and an alternate prize winner shall be selected. By entering into the Contest, all entrants and winner’s consent to the use of their name and photograph for advertising and promotional purposes, including online announcements, worldwide and without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing.
Entry materials that have been tampered with are void. If, in Mountain Horse®’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest, Mountain Horse® reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Contest, or to terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the Prize using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Mountain Horse® Website and will consist of adequate notice. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the entry form or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Mountain Horse® reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry in Mountain Horse®’s sole discretion.
4. Prizes: One Prize Winner will receive a Mountain Horse® Beverly Vest in the color of their choice. All federal, state and local taxes on prize are the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. Some restrictions may apply. The Prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at Mountain Horse®’s sole discretion. In the event the prize cannot be awarded as described, Mountain Horse® reserves the right to substitute any prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of comparable or greater value in Mountain Horse®’s sole discretion.
5. Prize Conditions: If Mountain Horse® is unable to contact the potential winner within ten (10) days of the initial attempt to contact, if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, or if a potential winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner shall be selected. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Except where prohibited by law, the prize winner’s entry and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use said prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
6. Contest Conditions: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Mountain Horse®, which shall be final and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Winners and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including personal injury or death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest, or any claims based on rights of publicity, rights of privacy and/or merchandise delivery.
7. Limitations of Liability: In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Mountain Horse ® with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Contest Entities are not responsible for late, undeliverable, or incomplete online entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions and/or online entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, or faulty transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunctions. Mountain Horse ® may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Mountain Horse ® representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Mountain Horse ® which corrupt in any way or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the promotion, then Mountain Horse® reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select a winner by randomly drawing from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE FACEBOOK PAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. Rules/Winner’s List: After November 20th, 2017, you may obtain the name of the prize winner by consulting the Mountain Horse® Facebook Page as the result is made available or by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Mountain Horse® Fall Contest” – Winner’s List, 520 Kane Street, Scranton, PA 18505.
9. By entering this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of Mountain Horse®. Mountain Horse® and their agencies are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by online users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. Mountain Horse® and its agencies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Mountain Horse® and it agencies are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Mountain Horse® or its agencies which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Mountain Horse® reserves the right to terminate the promotion in its sole discretion. Entries become the property of Mountain Horse® and will not be returned.
10. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in PA, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Pennsylvania law, without reference to Pennsylvania choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
11. Main Sponsor: English Riding Supply, 520 Kane Street, Scranton, PA 18505.